An Audit is a technical support option that collects drive data to reproduce an error. The Audit maintains a
list of all sectors read. After GetDataBack hits the error, the program extracts
these read sectors. Create an Audit only if Runtime Software's support
is requesting one.
- Immediately after starting GetDataBack, go to
TOOLS->Settings->Miscellaneous->Debug and enable the Audit
- Proceed with the data recovery until you reach the point at which the
- Go to HELP->Print Audit.
- Underneath Create compressed image file, you see the total
amount of data to be extracted. Verify the file is not
too large and fits on the destination.
- Click Create compressed image file.
- Select a name for the file. Make sure the file you are creating is not
on the drive you want to recover.
This process can take a while. Once it has completed, contact
technical support for instructions on what to do with
See also: Snapshot, Log
Doing a Data Recovery